STI Diagnosis and Treatment
Sheryl Horwitz, NP provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs/STDs) in a caring and confidential manner. Her goal as a provider is to treat and counsel patients who are dealing with these types of health issues. CLICK HERE to learn more about Sheryl by visiting her biography.
Should I get Tested?
STI testing is recommended for anyone engaging in vaginal, oral, and/or anal sex without a condom, particularly when having sex with multiple partners. Many couples find it helpful and reassuring to be screened for STIs prior to starting a sexual relationship. Some STIs such as HIV and Hepatitis B and C can also be spread by sharing needles. In Oregon, teens can consent to HIV and STI testing and treatment without a parent’s permission.
What Conditions do you Check For?
- Hepatitis B and C
- HIV (testing only, referrals offered for positive results)
- HPV/Genital Warts
What Should I Expect at my Visit?
Sheryl is available by appointment on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. All visits are confidential, and our patients are always treated in a respectful manner. The way Sheryl checks for STIs depends on what tests you want or need. She may need to check your urine, blood, or body (genitals, skin or mouth).
How do I get my Test Results?
Sheryl or her medical assistant will contact you by phone with your test results. You are also welcome to ask for a copy of your test results, should you want or need them.
What Other Services do you Provide?
- Hepatitis A and B vaccinations
- HPV vaccinations
- Herpes consults and prescriptions
- Sexual health counseling for individuals and/or couples
- If you have chlamydia or gonorrhea we can offer treatment to you as well as testing and treatment to your partners, even if you were diagnosed with one of these diseases somewhere else
- If you have HIV we offer testing to your partners and can help connect you with treatment and support services
- Referrals for PrEP
What are my Payment Options?
Our office accepts most insurances and we are happy to do a courtesy check of your insurance benefits if you would like more information about eligibility.
If you are not billing insurance for financial or confidentiality reasons, the cost of the office visit will depend on the nature of the appointment. Discounted office visits with Sheryl, paid at the time of service, begin at $145 for new patients and $95 for established patients at NW Dermatology and Research Center, LLC. Certain procedures and all laboratory tests will be at an additional cost.
We accept cash, checks, and all credit cards.
Click the “book now” button on this page to schedule an appointment or call us at 503.223.1933.
Where Else can I get Tested?
- Synergy Women’s Health Care (Sheryl is there on Tuesdays) 503.227.4050
- Multnomah County Health Department 503.988.3700
- Planned Parenthood 503.788.7273 or 888.576.PLAN (7526)
- Outside In 503.535.3800
Links for More Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- HIV Resource Guide
- Planned Parenthood Info About STIs
- American Sexual Health Association
- Herpes Handbook